Apple have considered this “the biggest release since the launch of the App Store, giving users incredible new features and developers the tools they need to create amazing new apps.” This amazing event is due to unfold tomorrow, bringing with it a plethora of new features. To upgrade, users just need to plug their device into a power source, connect to WiFi and hit the Software Update button in the General page of the Settings app. Updates should take a matter of minutes.
New features include;
- Messaging will be different with this system, with the introduction of WhatsApp-style audio and video messages which can be added to conversations with a couple of taps.
- The ability to quickly mute group conversations
- A new quick type feature added to the standard keyboard
- This new predictive text feature can recognise context and suggest whole phrases you might want to use, as well as performing the standard predicting of words as you type.
- Users can install their own custom keyboards
- The iCloud will act just like Dropbox, where users can get hold of stored files from anywhere using iCloud Drive, rather than each app’s storage only being available to that app
- iCloud Photo Library lets users access every photo and video they have ever taken on any device.
- A new feature called Handoff allows users to start working on something on one device, then quickly pass it onto another.
- HealthKit allows iOS apps to store and track information about a user’s health and activity and this can be automatically shared with healthcare providers.
- HomeKit, allows iOS to communicate with and control smart accessories and appliances in a user’s home, such as smart lightbulbs – like Phillips’ Hue system – and door locks.
- A major update has been made to the Safari web browser, significantly to private browsing and bookmarks.
- You will also be able to enter credit card details into websites by taking a photograph of your card.
- Siri is now fast, with voice to text dictation seeing words appear in real time as you speak.
- The battery breakdown feature allows you to check what apps are taking most of your energy
And many more…..
Here at avecSys we enjoy customer feedback and interaction. Why not tell us your views on the new iOS 8